Two holes (in chimney) can i use both editied to clearify but man did it get some good looks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kscowboy

Dec 30, 2009
kansas
Here is a picture of what is in my basment the new would be added to install and add on furnace could i use the old hole to remove the cap of the T for clean out and if so how would i seal it of in the mean time. also has small opening at floor level for clean out would it need to be closed during use Thanks for the help

Attachments

• chimney2.jpg
    chimney2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 402
There are a couple of problems. First how are you going to catch the creosote when it falls down? It will not go into stove but to bottom of pipe. If you ever drop the cover for the T it might be a groan to get. The hole in bottom is not a problem as your pipe is sealed and if its large enough for a vacuum then you might be able to get the creosote out. The only way that I see is to make the current hole large enough so that you can clean and retrieve things.
I do not know what heater you have but could you clean from inside the heater? If you got something like a soot eater its flexible enough to turn sharp corners. This way you could pull the creosote into the stove and would not need a T just a 90.

sorry did not mention that the current hole is on the wrong side and is large engouh for my head to fit in not that okay i have stuck my head in it to look i am looking at the englander 28-3500

I love your subject line.

You can use both holes, but I seriously suggest asking your wife before you use the second hole. Otherwise you won't be able to use either hole for a long time.

This post might be too blue. Mods, feel free to edit.

uh ohhhhhhh

BrowningBAR said:
You can use both holes, but I seriously suggest asking your wife before you use the second hole. Otherwise you won't be able to use either hole for a long time.

This post might be too blue. Mods, feel free to edit.
Even if use of second hole is permitted don't count on being able to use it all winter or anything.
Joe

Uh ohhh is right. I did about spit my coffee though.

Yup, I got a deleted post out of it and I didnt even say anything dirty. You did come to the right place for advice though

Status
Not open for further replies.