Two pieces, Harmon P68?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman87

Sep 21, 2014
New Hampshire
Please don't laugh, you guys have helped me incredibly so far, this is "hopefully" one of my few last questions, ... For now! lol

I'm putting the back pieces back on my Harmon P68, these pieces, one on either side are there although I didn't even touch them, I noticed them and wanted to know how they work and what they're there for?

They're on the upper top and they're similar to little clamps to maybe hold something in place tightly? They're both on the exterior.

Help I feel so dumb! Please forgive me if I'm becoming annoying, just a newbie :(

I tried attaching a picture but my cell phones being dumb.

Harmon, is that the Jamaican version? >>

I'm not too familiar with the unit. Click on the 'upload a file' button and your phone should be able to browse to it.

We are going to need to see some pics to help you out. Download the free Tapatalk app on your phone and log into the site that way. Its much friendlier for posting pics. And if you are going to own a HarmAn....please spell it correctly! We are very sensitive about that.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411649515.970727.jpg

Downloaded App, I'm loving it! Here's a picture of one of those pieces.

That little clip is called a fender clip. The hole in the clip is designed to accept a screw. The panel will have a mating hole.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
it is just another spot to put a screw through if you want to but most people don't use them, the two screws the hold the side covers that "pinch" it are more than enough to hold your covers on steady, only if for some reason you get a noise coming from a vibration of the panel would I bother looking at putting a third screw there to hold the panels on extra snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.