Uh oh...problem with my XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mixpat

Dec 10, 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
Greetings pellet folks. I have a 2015 Harman XXV (bought used 4 years ago). It's been a wonderful stove and I'm a maniac about maintenance and keeping it clean. I woke up this morning to a cold house.

Went to the stove and ALL lights were off...including the power light. Unplugged it...and plugged it back in. No power. Bypassed the APC UPS...no power. Circuit breaker is fine. Tested the outlet and all good. Thought I might have popped a fuse on the control board. Left it unplugged until I got home from work. Plugged it in and turned the stove on. It powered up for 5-10 seconds (fan started) and then shut down with no power.

Thoughts on what the problem is? Fearing maybe the control board died. Any other test procedures I can try? Thanks

I would suspect something about the power getting to the stove. I'd check the voltage at the board to make sure it's getting good supply.

Reactions: mixpat
I would suspect something about the power getting to the stove. I'd check the voltage at the board to make sure it's getting good supply.
After a thorough investigation, I discovered that if I move the control board door back and forth the power light will come on (depending of where the door is). This leads me to believe that I have either a loose wire, a dirty connection with the main harness connecting to the board, or maybe the sheet metal sliced and exposed a wire that is shorting out.

Reactions: Mt Bob and jackman
An update on this. I discovered that the cradle that holds the fuse wasn't super secure. Squeezed the tabs together a little so the fuse was a tighter fit. Power problem fixed. Then, I found a bigger problem when I fired it up. When I turned it on in "room temp" mode, it ran for a few seconds and stopped. So, I went to "stove temp" mode and she runs like a champ. I guess there is a problem with the board. Ordered a new one today.

Reactions: Mt Bob