Underdround pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes mainly customs is alive and very well! You can check out that Facebook page or give Richard a call at 207 205 0749

Badger has 1 1/4" Pex, fittings and crimped at very low prices. Their wrapped pipe isn't the quality of foam filled if you're on a budget and careful about drainage to avoid water logging it can work.
They have the best prices on big Pex fittings I've found. So if you can get standard 1 1/4" pex foam filled you could use their fittings.
I'd imagine Richard could get that.

At all costs I'd stay away from the wrapped pipe, even with proper trench prep, ( that adds to the cost) if you notice a temp difference, it's too late, short of digging it up and replacing it with what you know you should have bought the first time. The foam filled will save time, money and aggravation.

At all costs I'd stay away from the wrapped pipe, even with proper trench prep, ( that adds to the cost) if you notice a temp difference, it's too late, short of digging it up and replacing it with what you know you should have bought the first time. The foam filled will save time, money and aggravation.
Yes that's what I'm doing this spring.
My fault didn't do the research on pipe the 1st time

Sounds interesting, I'll be interested to hear price per foot. A couple things that come to mind are 6 inch pipe is going to be astronomically difficult to bend , 4 inch pipe already has a pretty big bend radius. The other thing is that you say the r value isn't enough with the 4 inch pipe, the 4 inch pipe loses less then 1 degree per 100 ft of pipe. How much less could that be?

I'd like to hear more too. Can you share who this company is?