Update on New EPA Rules

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
As long as we are wishing why dont we wish for something really nice instead of a water burner.

Hahaha. Good one! In that case i wish for my hair back and someone elses bank account.

RNLA said:
Practically speaking there will be tighter regulations on the new products. No effective dates yet. A wider scope of products will be included. I do see room for improvement on stoves ETC. I do believe education is the answer; teaching people how to use truly seasoned wood. Why is it important to use dry, clean wood? So you do not pollute your neighbors air. This applies more to city folk but none the less important to those with neighbors within shouting distance... I am probably sounding off base but I believe if more people would think about responsible use of wood we would not have so many against us. :)

Agreed

karl said:
FyreBug said:
DaFattKidd said:
I'd love to see a stove that can optimize heat output and put out clean emissions from unseasoned wood. This two year seasoning nonsense has got to be addressed by woodburning engineering geniuses. I would love to see a technology that eliminates that need to keep heaps and heaps of wood stacked for years. I know and agree that there is something fantastic about a well seasoned stack of wood, but it would be nice to not have to season your wood if you don't want to.

We saw something at the HPBA conference in SLC, I was really impressed with. It's an indoor wood chip boiler that allows you to burn 'junk' wood, branches and all, old grain in short anything that will burn as long as it's below 35 % humidity! I actually picked up some of the stuff it was burning in my hands and it felt moist.

To me that would answer most of a Woodburner issues. All you need is a chipper - chips dry a lot faster than logs - no more bucking, Splitting, cording etc ... It was a thing of beauty. The only downside was the cost.

What's the brand name and how much?

http://www.leiprod.com/index.html

Forgot approximate cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.