Updating the Controls in the Harman Pellet Pro II.

Don2222 Posted By Don2222, Mar 16, 2019 at 11:26 PM

1. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Anyone try doing this? It works well once I got the manual feed adjust set properly. :)

Harman Pellet Pro II
    Updated to work with new P61 Manual Circuit board and P61 Wire Harness. The combustion blower was also updated with the quick change housing and a new OEM Harman combustion blower with single paddle 4-3/4" diameter impeller blade. The Manual feed adjuster still works to adjust the feeder to avoid the 6 Blinks Status Error and to adjust for the quality of the wood pellets. In this case it is adjusted to 8 full turns to the left to prevent the 6 Blinks error so the stove works as it should. see video
    It really cranks out the heat! The shop came up to 97 degrees F in no time flat!

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tim_M

Tim_M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Halifax, NS
    Do you know if this would work for an Invincible T? I think the Invincible was Harman’s successor to the Pellet Pro II, and I believe the controls are identical on the 2 stoves. My Invincible T has been working reliably as my basement heater for 8 seasons now. I had to have the board repaired a few years ago, sent it off to Brunners and it’s been great since. But I’m concerned that if another problem comes up I may not be able to repair it due to an inability to find parts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Yes the controls are identical so it should work, even the auto board set to manual should work which is less money$ :)

4. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
    Well done! what would the total cost of these modifications? I considered something like this before I found my P61

5. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    You might be able to use the P38 Control Board update kit because the circuit board has Dip Switches to set the circuit board to the P61 manual board.Howeve I am not sure how the circuit board mounting plate will fit in. You may have to trim it? I got the manual circuit board, manual wire harness and circuit board plate where the left side is bent up and that fit in there quite well. :)

Washed-Up likes this.