Updating the Controls in the Harman Pellet Pro II.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Anyone try doing this? It works well once I got the manual feed adjust set properly. :)

Harman Pellet Pro II
Updated to work with new P61 Manual Circuit board and P61 Wire Harness. The combustion blower was also updated with the quick change housing and a new OEM Harman combustion blower with single paddle 4-3/4" diameter impeller blade. The Manual feed adjuster still works to adjust the feeder to avoid the 6 Blinks Status Error and to adjust for the quality of the wood pellets. In this case it is adjusted to 8 full turns to the left to prevent the 6 Blinks error so the stove works as it should. see video
It really cranks out the heat! The shop came up to 97 degrees F in no time flat!

Attachments

• 6DB80690-DA7C-4108-A164-B9B73DB577A2.jpeg
    6DB80690-DA7C-4108-A164-B9B73DB577A2.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 773
  • 6A2D2437-E76A-41E8-B5F9-E58B137537ED.jpeg
    6A2D2437-E76A-41E8-B5F9-E58B137537ED.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Do you know if this would work for an Invincible T? I think the Invincible was Harman’s successor to the Pellet Pro II, and I believe the controls are identical on the 2 stoves. My Invincible T has been working reliably as my basement heater for 8 seasons now. I had to have the board repaired a few years ago, sent it off to Brunners and it’s been great since. But I’m concerned that if another problem comes up I may not be able to repair it due to an inability to find parts.

Do you know if this would work for an Invincible T? I think the Invincible was Harman’s successor to the Pellet Pro II, and I believe the controls are identical on the 2 stoves. My Invincible T has been working reliably as my basement heater for 8 seasons now. I had to have the board repaired a few years ago, sent it off to Brunners and it’s been great since. But I’m concerned that if another problem comes up I may not be able to repair it due to an inability to find parts.
Yes the controls are identical so it should work, even the auto board set to manual should work which is less money$ :)

Well done! what would the total cost of these modifications? I considered something like this before I found my P61

Well done! what would the total cost of these modifications? I considered something like this before I found my P61
You might be able to use the P38 Control Board update kit because the circuit board has Dip Switches to set the circuit board to the P61 manual board.Howeve I am not sure how the circuit board mounting plate will fit in. You may have to trim it? I got the manual circuit board, manual wire harness and circuit board plate where the left side is bent up and that fit in there quite well. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed-Up
How is this system still working? I have a pellet pro ii and was considering getting rid of it but if this is a good fix I may try it.

I’ve gone and looked at a PelletPro 2 that was for sale that had these mods done, worked like a charm and the guy selling it did the modifications 3 years prior.

Reactions: Ssyko
Hello
Works excellent but make sure you leave that big knob in there to manually adjust the pusher block. Normally once it is setup it is fine. But if it is not set right then a status error occurs and without the knob it would be much harder to adjust it. !!
So I left the knob in and it works really well!
All the other parts are easy to get. :)

I just did a thorough cleaning of my pp2 and it seems to work well except for my distribution blower doesn’t change speeds. May be the board or the blower only thing I changed in the last 10yrs has been the probe and auger motor.

Don2222: Thanks for posting some great information and youtube video. I just purchased a Pellet Pro 2 on saturday. I think the distribution blower is needing replaced. It sort of tries to start and then after a couple minutes it gets up and running.

I can easily replace this, but if the issue is the control board, I'd like to see if you could outline a few details on what might be needed to change to a P61 board. I'm curious what the minimum thing needed would be: 1) P61 'manual mode' board 2) wiring harness? 3)red wire ESP sensor... 4) ?

Any further info on doing this project would be great - thanks!
John

Ok John
The mods do not want us doing biz here.
What is your email and I will send the info.

Ok John

Doing business? I was just looking for a bit more information on what components you found necessary to change over to a P61 control board. I was not looking to buy or sell anything. For example, you mentioned you had to change wiring harnesses in your video you posted. Was that necessary because connectors were different or did you do that because the harness on your PP2 stove was damaged and needed changed?

I'm at [email protected].

Very interested in this, can I get some more info on what it took for parts to do this.

Private message Don2222, he’ll get you the details

Ok John
Hi Don2222,
I'm a longtime lurker that has used this site to keep my Invincible T running for the last 15 years. I need to replace the circuit board in mine and saw that you had instructions on how to use a modern circuit board in these. I'll buy whatever one will work off Amazon/Ebay, but if I can get away with the cheaper board that runs in the p61a, that would be great. Thanks in advance, any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

I tried to message you through the site, but it just gives me an error.

Last edited:
You might be able to use the P38 Control Board update kit because the circuit board has Dip Switches to set the circuit board to the P61 manual board.Howeve I am not sure how the circuit board mounting plate will fit in. You may have to trim it? I got the manual circuit board, manual wire harness and circuit board plate where the left side is bent up and that fit in there quite well. :)
Did we ever find out if this p38 kit works on the pellet pro ii? I am about to order it if it does.

Did we ever find out if this p38 kit works on the pellet pro ii? I am about to order it if it does.
The P38 is only 43k BTUs where the Pellet Pro II is 55K BTUs so most people use a P61 circuit board and decal panel. That is what I used. The auto board is cheaper than the manual board and works just as well. :)

So if I purchase all parts separate and not a kit what is all that is needed? Circuit board, circuit board plate, esp probe, room temp probe, wire harness, anything else that will be needed?

So if I purchase all parts separate and not a kit what is all that is needed? Circuit board, circuit board plate, esp probe, room temp probe, wire harness, anything else that will be needed?
That should do it. :)

One more question on this, do you have to crank in the feed block knob to shut off or leave it at 8 turns and just turn switch to off?

One more question on this, do you have to crank in the feed block knob to shut off or leave it at 8 turns and just turn switch to off?
The pusher block has to be adjusted the number of turns in the original manual otherwise you get the 6 blink status error on the updated control panel. :)

Well done, how long did it take roughly?