Upgrading my old Upland 107 - need flue advice please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Good Day,
I am upgrading my old shop stove and when cleaning the flue, things look a little worn. Here is my issue. The stove has a 7 inch 45 degree outlet. The outside stainless pipe is 6 inch utilizing a cathedral ceiling box. I am looking to put in black double wall from the stove to the box, a distance of 74 inches, replacing the single wall that is in bad shape. The current stove connector swivels and is adjustable in the 7 inch size. I previously had run 7 inch black pipe to just before the cathedral box, then put in a straight 7 to 6 inch adapter, then to the box with a screw on sleeve. Is there a better way utilizing double wall? Should the 7-6 inch conversion happen closer to the stove or at the cathedral box?

Thanks all for your feedback.

Dave

IMG_1638.jpg IMG_1641.jpg