Upland 17

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayo

Nov 27, 2016
Canada
Hey everyone.
I was given an old upland 17 to heat my garage. When I opened it to look it over before getting ready to install it I seen there were fire bricks laid inside however when I looked it up online the original instructions don't call for these. Is there anywhere the bricks are supposed to be in this stove?
thanks

You're correct. The Upland 17 did not have firebricks. It had protective burn plates on each side. Are these missing? Is the baffle still in place?

Baffle is still in place and I will look for the protective plates tomorrow mid these are missing do I use fire bricks? If I were to guess the previous owners of the stove didn't realize these plates were in place.

I would guess that if they are missing the previous owners were trying to save some money with a cheaper non-stock alteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.