US 5502M Slide Plate Inside Hopper Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBusek

Nov 12, 2013
Indiana
New to US 5502M. Inside the hopper there is a plate that can slide up and down. It is secured by a wing nut. Mine was loose so I closed it all the way and tightened it down. Is there a proper setting? Didn't see it mentioned in the manual. Thanks.

In the parts list it looks like it is the manual fuel regulator and wing nut. Now that you closed it all the way down is it feed pellets the correct way?

In the parts list it looks like it is the manual fuel regulator and wing nut. Now that you closed it all the way down is it feed pellets the correct way?
It was not getting enough pellets so I opened it up all the way. Guess I will have to work with it to see what setting works best. Thanks

yep similar set up on my stove.
check what your manual says flame height should be. mine says to set it while the stove is on the high setting (i don't what settings your stove has)

but not so many pellets that the air is restricted and the flame gets too high and/or lazy. you want a vigorous flame.

and i have to wait at least 15 minutes with the stove running to evaluate any change i make. takes that long for the auger channel to fill with the new amount of pellets on a new gate setting.

also shorter pellets will fill the auger channel with less air space than longer pellets.thus delivering more pellets per cycle than longer pellets. so even with the same gate setting, you may get different flame height and performance with different pellets and need to reset the gate accordingly.

i marked inside my hopper with a sharpie on the one setting i most use. then i can adjust relative to that if things change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.