US Dept. of Energy research on residential wood heaters.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

semipro

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2009
SW Virginia
This notice of intent just out from the DOE. One of their proposed areas of developmental funding is "residential wood heaters" as described below.

"Topic Area 4: Residential Wood Heaters This potential topic area will support the development and testing of low-emission, high efficiency residential wood heaters. Categories of residential wood heaters of interest include room heaters, hydronic central heaters, and forced air central heaters."

https://www.energy.gov/eere/article...sportation-technologies-funding-opportunities

@semipro Bad link? This is funding for R&D into improving efficiency for transportation.

@semipro Bad link? This is funding for R&D into improving efficiency for transportation.
You have to click through a couple links to get to the woodstoves. Here's the pdf of the RFI

Attachments

• FY_2021_Bioenergy_Technologies_Office_Multi-Topic_RFI_(DE-FOA-0002386) (1).pdf
    165.2 KB · Views: 178
Here's the notice of intent
(scroll to topic #4)

Attachments

• Notice_of_Intent_-_DE-FOA-0002416_-_FY21_Bioenergy_Technologies_Scale-up_and_Conversion_FOA.pdf
    220.2 KB · Views: 158
Thanks. This is funding for research. Moving to the Green Room as there is a broader scope in this funding that is also interesting and potentially controversial. Hope they don't go down the rabbit hole like we did with ethanol which is now being exported.

Reactions: semipro
Thanks. This is funding for research. Moving to the Green Room as there is a broader scope in this funding that is also interesting and potentially controversial. Hope they don't go down the rabbit hole like we did with ethanol which is now being exported.
Actually, it's for "technology research, development, and demonstration (RD&D)" where some new product or technology is supposed to result.
I was really surprised when I found this in a bigger "transportation" announcement.
I didn't think I could post a pdf so I posted the parent document/site.

Reactions: begreen