US Stove 2016eb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Edgeofthewoods

Jan 19, 2019
Alaska
Morning! Posting for some friends in Maine with limited internet access. They have a new US Stove 2016eb. And it wont hold a fire all night. We have a OLD Earthstove that will burn all night long. Doing research on their stove it looks like the air inlets are always open. Is there a way to modify the stove to cut down the air coming in it. They cant afford to buy a new better stove. Or is there a link here on the forum that gives ideas?

Thanks
Chuck Hudson
Eagle River AK

Sorry for your friends, they made a bad purchase. This is not a good stove. The only way to control it is by using a stove pipe damper or modification. If they can sell it they should. There are better replacements.

Wasn't there a guy on here a while back who modified this stove . . . or a similar stove? If I recall correctly he ended up taking it apart, filing parts to make them fit better, etc. I don't remember though if he modified it with any air controls or not. I remember at the time thinking that it sounded like a lot of work for a cheap stove.

Me . . . if price is a concern . . . I would peruse Craigslist, Uncle Henrys, Facebook Marketplace for a decent, used stove. I see there is a decent looking Regency for example for sale for $300 which may or may not suit their needs. It may be a little more expensive than their current stove, but if it works better . . .

Wasn't there a guy on here a while back who modified this stove . . . or a similar stove? If I recall correctly he ended up taking it apart, filing parts to make them fit better, etc. I don't remember though if he modified it with any air controls or not. I remember at the time thinking that it sounded like a lot of work for a cheap stove.

Me . . . if price is a concern . . . I would peruse Craigslist, Uncle Henrys, Facebook Marketplace for a decent, used stove. I see there is a decent looking Regency for example for sale for $300 which may or may not suit their needs. It may be a little more expensive than their current stove, but if it works better . . .
That was a different stove this is a welded plate steel stove that simply has no air controls so it always burns hot. That way it burns clean with no technology. But it is also completely uncontrollable.

Pretty bad that the manual says there is an air control when there isn’t any. This alone should be grounds for returning.