US Stove 6039 I have some questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinewood

Jan 2, 2013
Last year the stove worked just fine with no problems. This year I change the herringbone brick. When I started the stove up I notice the exhaust fan would cycle on and off at start until it hit the right temp. I never notice this before is this normal? I had some old pellets from last year still in the stove and I use them first. The flame looks to be very lazy no matter what I did. I even change the pellets to new one and still the same thing. The ash pot is clean too. Any suggestions?

I notice the ash pot fills up with pellets too

might be an air flow issue. How is it vented? Do you have an OAK installed....pictures always help

Thanks all for the information and I have the problem. An animal make a nest in the stove pipe. LOL

What is your cleaning routine for the venting and internal smoke chambers? Have you checked the clean-out port doors to ensure they are tight?

Does your termination cap have a screen? If not, time to invest in a new one! Nature at it's best ... another forum member had his board short due to a spiders nest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.