Use existing pellet stove venting for gas stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jake86

Burning Hunk
Oct 8, 2015
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Someday I will have to move on to a gas stove as I'm getting to old to handle the three tones of wood pellets every year. Would I be able to use my existing 4 inch venting for my pellet stove which extends to the top of my chimney fo venting of a propane gas stove? Seems most gas venting uses a pipe within a pipe with the outer pipe taking in the combustion air. My current PS does not have the outside air hook up (OAK) and has been heating fine. Not sure if gas stoves require this double venting hookup?

Last edited:
I have no idea what "N" vent is, but as I said, if it's not tested by the manufacturer, it's NOT SAFE.
Bob i correted my comment to B-Vent i guess you missed it. If that pellet stove requires b-vent he should be ok going to a b-vent gas stove in my opnion!