Used Regency insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
I am window shopping for a good used or a clearance priced new fireplace insert.

There is a used Regency 3100, or the model just prior to the 3100, that I can get for $500.

I will be taking a look at it in the next few days if I can get the dollars together.

One of my challenges with the unit will be the fact that I may well have to cut or chip some bricks out of our beautiful fireplace to install the unit.

I know it will have more than enough capacity to heat our home and in may ways it will make the little stove in the basement redundant but we would still use it at times and we like having a stove top to cook on occasionally.

Could anyone fill me in on what to look for with this model of Regency insert? Are there any known weak spots? How difficult is it to get parts? How about fan replacement-difficult or easy?

I welcome the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.