Used Stoves & Sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiskid

Sep 26, 2017
PA
Hello to my burning friends. Looking at a few pellet stoves on CL and finding a few England stove works stoves from $300 to $800 and some high end stoves from$1500 to $2500. There are two sizes of the England, 1500 and 2500 sq ft I believe. The porch it is going on is 20x9 and the ceiling goes from 8-9-1/2 feet. I was going to keep the door open to let some heat in. I figure I would go for the 1500 sq ft. I figure it rarely run full out. There is for the same price the larger one. Can you overdue with the bigger stove even running it at the lowest setting. Thanks for all the advice for and old man. God bless