Using All Nighter vent tubes for secondary air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acp104

Jan 14, 2016
NW Illinois
Hi folks. I installed an old All Nighter Mid Moe sized stove over the weekend and I'm already thinking of what I can do to improve it. I think I'll add a baffle like in the attached picture, and I'm wondering if drilling the existing vent tubes that sit below the baffle in the picture would work for secondary air introduction. Air could be pulled from the vents on the stove top as well as from the back port where the blower is meant to be hooked up? A person could block off the rear port if that would work better. Any thoughts? Are the tubes way too large? Is adding secondary air a good idea in general?

Attachments

• 70964-d697fbe5e10cef6d43680965aa2ca691.png
    70964-d697fbe5e10cef6d43680965aa2ca691.png
    76 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.