USSC / Ashely AP60 high limit switch tripping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nemmich93!

Jan 2, 2024
Cincinnati Ohio
Hey guys,

I’ve been having some issues with my USSC / King pellet stove / Ashley AP60 ( they are all the same thing correct? )

Anyways, it just recently started tripping the high limit switch. ( or at least I believe that’s what it is )

The switch is located on the left side of the stove, just under the hopper. Has 2 connections and a red reset button in the center.

Stove will fire up, everything sounds normal. Then maybe 3-4 minutes in, the auger will stop feeding and the fire will almost instantly go from a nice strong flame into a smolder.

So I figured maybe it was dirty m? So I just deep cleaned this stove, AND the flu.

( I took it outside, took a leaf blower and blew out the exhaust ports, the hopper, inside the stove its self. I did this for about 10 minutes until no more ash / dust / etc was coming out ) the stove seemed spotless.

It’s still tripping the high limit switch ( or at least that’s what I think is tripping )

What else could cause this? What are other things I should look at? I was debating on bypassing the limit switch to see if it runs as normal but wanted to post on here and get opinions.

Thanks a ton.

If you have to reset the switch (push the red button down) after only a few minutes of running
Try jumping it and run the stove for an hour or two(make sure it is not overheating).
If the stove fires and heats then replace the faulty high temp switch.
Let us known you you make out
Welcome to the Forum

Reactions: ARC