USSC King 5502M - Err9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

R9R

Apr 26, 2016
Eastern Ohio
So after my stove being unplugged for the off season, plugged it in after the yearly thorough cleaning. Display showed "Err9". Pulled out the manual - it goes up to Err8, nothing for Err9 :mad: Google search --> found 1 thread (I believe here, actually) where somebody's control board was bad :eek:_g;ex

So I'm a tad worried at this point. Hit "off" button, display shuts off as normal. Hold my breath, push "on", display comes on to HR-1 where I left it last year, pellets feed, igniter comes on, fires up just fine. *whew*

All this to say, if you see Err9, it may not be fatal, or even semi-fatal. That is all. Happy burning, I'm gonna go change my pants now :);lol

Reactions: FirepotPete
Err9 - Zero Cross Input Failed
. AC Supply frequency not of range
. Zero Cross Optocoupler Failure

Simple terms there is a triac on your control board that delays the electricity flowing to the rest of the board when you first plug the stove in. Sort of like a mini surge protector. Might have been a little moisture and it stuck open when you first plugged it in.

Gotcha. Just really freaked me out lol.