Vacuum switch error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mc67

Hello everyone,I had a mt. Vernon installed two weeks ago and seemed to be running fine(other than getting a smell of smoke when shutting down).Last night it was fairly windy here and the stove kept shutting down before reaching set temperature.It would flash vacuum switch error,spew out what I would call a large amount of smoke,shut down auto clean then re-start.It did this a few times.I’m guessing the exhaust vent might have to be modified.It comes out of stove into a clean out-t out the wall,up about 4’ than has a slight downturn.
This morning(not nearly as windy)the stove is working fine again.Any information to help diagnose would be appreciated.Great site-been on it since decided to go with a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.