value of 2008 EKO 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

srxgreg

Jan 5, 2023
Oswego NY
I am looking to buy a used 2008 EKO 60 how much is it worth and what should I look at when purchasing. They say they are going to propane.

I would only give less than half of what one costs new. I have an EKO 40 from about the same time and the refractory that separates the upper chamber (where you load the wood) from the lower chamber is crumbling and may require repair soon. I have had to repair several other small things, but the refractory is going to be quite a trick to work on and repair. When I installed mine, I paid ~$5000 for the boiler itself, then got tax credit of about $1500, so I paid ~$3500 for mine. For further information, I have used my boiler for the primary heat in my home every winter since purchase, including this winter. It still works but the refractory problem bothers me.