Value of nashua n24 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejraste

Oct 5, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hello,

I have an old wood burning stove that I'd like to sell or scrap. I got chimney inspected and I was told there was some deterioration and it would need replaced. The stove is clean and in very good condition, barely used. 1st, what is a good starting asking price when trying to sell? It comes with an extra brand new blower. Also, is it worth trying to scrap the chimney or are there people out there that would come and remove it and take it?
20200511_135921.jpg20200417_165202.jpg20200417_165156.jpg

Reactions: Tom12
Right now 250. In the fall 350 asking price but don't expect to get it.

Reactions: D. Hermit
Ok thanks. Someone offered 200. I'm just seeing if I should take that offer. What about chimney? Is it worth me taking down and scrapping it myself or trying to see if someone would buy it or remove it for free to get scrap money?

Ok thanks. Someone offered 200. I'm just seeing if I should take that offer. What about chimney? Is it worth me taking down and scrapping it myself or trying to see if someone would buy it or remove it for free to get scrap money?
I would take the 200. I wouldn't let some scrapper take it down. If they fall the liability would be on you. You don't get much of anything for chimney sections for scrap

Reactions: D. Hermit
Thanks, the $200 is just for the wood stove. My next thing, I guess, is trying to get rid of the chimney pipe. Once the piping gets removed, what's the best way to patch the large hole on inside and outside?

Thanks, the $200 is just for the wood stove. My next thing, I guess, is trying to get rid of the chimney pipe. Once the piping gets removed, what's the best way to patch the large hole on inside and outside?
Brick and mortar

The stove looks to be in great condition. It was a good heater in its day and built like a tank. I'd hold onto it for the summer and sell it in the fall for $350.

Hello,

I have an old wood burning stove that I'd like to sell or scrap. I got chimney inspected and I was told there was some deterioration and it would need replaced. The stove is clean and in very good condition, barely used. 1st, what is a good starting asking price when trying to sell? It comes with an extra brand new blower. Also, is it worth trying to scrap the chimney or are there people out there that would come and remove it and take it?
View attachment 260140View attachment 260141View attachment 260142
Do you still have all this very interested

2020 posting

Hello,

View attachment 260140View attachment 260141View attachment 260142
Do you still have this

Status
Not open for further replies.