VC 2140

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mcolabella

Jan 30, 2022
Maryland
Hello just joined the group, and just bought a new to me used VC 2140 wood stove, I feel like I got a good deal.
Things I know that need replaced
Gaskets
Griddle handel tab is broke so I feel that I should replace it
1 glass has a crack
And the grate in the bottom is broke.

I am curious if there is anything else I should be looking at.
The catalyst is intack and fairly clean.
Also not sure how to find serial # or the date code
There are #'s on the back plate just not sure what represent

Thanks for any help

received_1135847097225386.jpeg received_3010872092496176.jpeg received_622883669016304.jpeg

Hello just joined the group, and just bought a new to me used VC 2140 wood stove, I feel like I got a good deal.
Things I know that need replaced
Gaskets
Griddle handel tab is broke so I feel that I should replace it
1 glass has a crack
And the grate in the bottom is broke.

I am curious if there is anything else I should be looking at.
The catalyst is intack and fairly clean.
Also not sure how to find serial # or the date code
There are #'s on the back plate just not sure what represent

Thanks for any help

View attachment 291165 View attachment 291166 View attachment 291167
It most likely needs a cat. Check over all of the internal refractory parts they are very delicate and need replaced fairly often

Reactions: D. Hermit
If it didn't come with one do get an operation manual. It's informative. What's important is the stove run as intended! Overfiring will result in internal damage and expensive repairs so keep up with the small things ( gaskets, glass, etc.) . Also if you intend to use it for primary heat and run it full time 5 months of the year, just dig a hole in the yard for it now. Encores don't like to work that hard, and may well just become a PITA.