VC Defiant 1610 Gasket, Paint, Sandblasting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbon

Jan 10, 2016
Columbus, Indiana
Hello everyone,

I have been disassembling a Defiant 1610 that I recently purchased used while reviewing the parts diagram. The gaskets used for the top and sides of the four panels are not identified in the diagram or on websites. Does anyone know what size gasket this stove will use for these areas?

Also, this stove is not enameled. I was wondering did this come from the factory with just a stove polish rubbed in? If i purchase a sandblasting cabinet what type of media works best with cast iron?

3/8" adhesive backed gasket is what VC used for the cast shell assembly (their number 30002422 for a by the foot method of buying).

Stove Bright Satin Black Paint = Vermont Castings Classic Black

3/8" adhesive backed gasket is what VC used for the cast shell assembly (their number 30002422 for a by the foot method of buying).

Stove Bright Satin Black Paint = Vermont Castings Classic Black
So the stove came painted? Since this is a used stove I was planning on just tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it. I took out the Fountain and it does not look horrible but I am afraid that if I put it back in due to just moving it in and out it might just fall apart. So I was planning on replacing the fountain as well. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.