VC Intrepid 1302 temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

X-trema

Sep 18, 2012
NL
Hello guys,

I have been watching this forum for a wile now.
Learned al lot from other people's experience.

My question is: When the damper is in updraft position. I'll wait until the flue temperature gets around 350F en the wood is fully engaged. Then I'll put the damper in downdraft position and after 5 minutes I set the thermostat to a comfortable position. usually the stove is cruising at about 600F griddle temp.

When it is cruising at 550F - 600F I always have a flue temperature of 250F.
Is this to low or oké?

Sorry for my bad english.
Greetings from the Netherlands

20131222_200410.jpg 20131222_200414.jpg 20120707_104002.jpg

welcome to the forum. your running your stove at the right temp. how far up the pipe is the thermometer away from your stove? and is the pipe double wall or single wall?
i run the old defiant when i shift it over to horizontal and the stove starts to settle in my stove is running at 575 to 625 and i get a 300 to 325 pipe temp single wall. and thats up at about a foot or a touch more off the stove. my vote is run your stove the right way and the chimney should take care of it's self. if i had to run 400 to 450 pipe temp my stove would be glowing red and overfired and damaged. so i go by the stove.

frank

The thermometer is about 30cm above the stove. The single wall pipe is 90cm long. From there the pipe goes to a double wall SS pipe approximately 7 meters long.

thanks for the responses.

unless someone see's something i don't you look like your setup is good. true test would be after a few weeks pull apart you pipe and look in to see if you have any buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.