Vee-Go Bio Fuel Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks neat....but, um....where do you buy them? do they deliver? how much ash? how many btu's per 40lb bag?

cac4 said:
looks neat....but, um....where do you buy them? do they deliver? how much ash? how many btu's per 40lb bag?

I e-mailed them to find out those details and will post when I find out.

Awesome Idea, I love it! Things like this are the "upside" to expensive oil. It sucks that the price spikes are hurting so many people, but we would never see this type of innovation move forward if people didn't NEED an alternative to oil.
Sounds like there will be a tight ceiling on what they'll be able to produce, but at least they are making good use of a byproduct. I'll look forward to hearing about availability and pricing.

in-control said:

Please make it a "new" thread so everyone will see it...otherwise it will get buried at the end of this thread down the road...Thanks!

Sure - I selected "new topic" when I created it - is their a different way to create a thread. If so please let me know.

Thanks

macman said:
in-control said:

Please make it a "new" thread so everyone will see it...otherwise it will get buried at the end of this thread down the road...Thanks!

in-control said:
I was wondering if anyone using these pellets as a additive/replacement for wood pellets? They are out of Mass. Very interesting idea/product!

http://vee-goheatingpellets.com/index.html

Here`s the answer I got from them.
Dear Friend,

Due to earlier market conditions relating to the increasing costs of agricultural by-products, we halted our marketing activities for Vee-Go Pellets. Another factor in this decision was that the pellets are similar to corn in that they have more ash and form solid "klunkers" if burned above 1800 degrees F. In some cases, the klunkers are semi-liquid, much like lava, and are thus best suited for burning in specialized biomass stoves. Further, due to the large variety of home pellet stoves, we decided that we could not assure adequate performance along a broad range of stoves.

Now that market conditions are becoming suitable, we will consider selling these pellets to industrial users whose furnaces are built to accomodate their burn characteristics. The best units are gasification type burners but others seem to handle the pellets well. We will consider selling these pellets to industrial users in one ton sacks. If you feel you might find success with these, please contact us.

Best wishes in these very unusual times,
Michael Garjian,
President

No virus found in this incoming message.

Hrmmmmmm....Just when I was getting excited....Next

What's a "klunker"?

Well that was fun - Bummer - what a great idea! You would think that a pellet mfg. would try to certify their product by stove mfg.'s - Creating a market and improving branding. They will get their - I hope - forcing product consistency and quality.

Pook, I know what a clinker is, I thought a klunker was the car my dad used to own when I was a kid.....

Status
Not open for further replies.