Vent free gas fireplace burner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlancette

Oct 2, 2016
New york
20161002_180328.jpg 20161002_180401.jpg 20161002_180419.jpg 20161002_180435.jpg 20161002_180752.jpg 20161002_180619.jpg Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and was hoping someone can help me. I purchased a fireplace from Craigslist and it came with a vent free gas burner.
There is no identification label on the burner and was hoping someone might be able to recognize it. I think some parts may be missing. There are 3 screws on the top that go to something.
I did hook it up and replaced the igniter because the piolet wouldn't stay lite. Now it stays lite but the burner will not turn on. I also used a jumper wire to bypass the wall switch and still nothing. I am thinking of purchasing a new one but I thought I would pick someone's head before I do. Thank you.

Did you try taking a milliVolt (mV) reading at the TP-TH & the TH terminals while the pilot is lit?
You'll need a multimeter set to volts DC. Try that & let us know what reading you got.

Did you try taking a milliVolt (mV) reading at the TP-TH & the TH terminals while the pilot is lit?
You'll need a multimeter set to volts DC. Try that & let us know what reading you got.
I will do that tonight, thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The reading between the TPTH & TH terminals is 5 mv.

Not familiar with your unit, but I'd bet you need to replace the thermopile,
sometimes called a millivolt generator.
Most will read about 550mV before the unit is turned on.
A minimum of about 325 is needed to keep the gas valve open.
You can get a universal millivolt generator at True Value for about $50

Not familiar with your unit, but I'd bet you need to replace the thermopile,
sometimes called a millivolt generator.
Most will read about 550mV before the unit is turned on.
A minimum of about 325 is needed to keep the gas valve open.
You can get a universal millivolt generator at True Value for about $50
I just tested the Thermopile and it was only getting up to 150, so I pushed on it to get it closer to the piolet and it climbed over 350. Turn the switch on and it worked. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.