Q&A Venting a Fireplace into a 6 inch chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a location where a wood stove used to be. It's a corner location about 4 ft x 4 ft on the floor with a brick floor and brick walls all the way to the ceiling (7.5'). The thimble location for the wood stove is about 4 feet from the floor and is a 6" diameter (recall my question on changing this).Are there fireplaces sold that could be put in this corner and be setup to be just like a regular fireplace. I had heard of only 1 that could exhaust at a 90 angle. Do you know of any others?

Answer:

Very few (or no) fireplaces have 6" outlets. Between the small outlet and the relatively low thimble location- it could be tough !
Check with the people at The Victorian Fireplaced Shop. They are experts in small fireplaces of all types.

Link: The Victorian Fireplace Shoppe

Status
Not open for further replies.