Venting question, Hope you are not sick of them yet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKLeen

Sep 15, 2008
So. NH
First off, I have read the manual thoroughly, have done quite a bit of research online including this forum and was hoping someone with experience could clarify this for me.

I am installing a Napoleon NPS40 Freestanding pellet stove. This will be a corner installation. The manual says not to use for than 180 degrees of bends and there is no EVL conversions. I am trying to follow the manual as precisely as possible but I have very few options for venting and placement. I would like to use the setup that is pictured. Can anyone tell me if this is satifies the 180 degree rule, I realize there is more than 180 degrees of turns but based on how I read the manual termination is not included in that value.

Does the EVL 15 calculation apply to all pellet stoves?

Also, does anyone have experience with this kit? It is simpson duravent so I assume it should be OK.

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• NPS40_NPI40.jpg
    NPS40_NPI40.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 532
  • 662492013496.jpg
    662492013496.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 536
Simpson Duravent is fine. Worked for our installation.

Your diagram only shows one bend in the exhaust pipe, or
am I missing something? Where are you going with the
exhaust after it exits the wall? You didn't specify that
and anyone answering your questions is going to ask.

I am going to use the vent kit exactly as shown on the box which has the Tee with cleanout and a 90 degree elbow at the top right before the termination cap. I am concerned that the 45 degree bend inside the house puts me over the 180 degrees and if it does, can I use the EVL 15 rule with this stove? The manual says 180 degrees plus termination, but I am not sure if the elbow at the top counts because the termination cap is also 45 degrees down.

I am doing the same corner install this weekend and Wifage is not sure if she wants the stack rising behind the stove on the interior then exiting about 3 to 4 ft above stove I would rather go with the vent pipe exiting directly behind the stove and the stack going up outside the house as the simpson pipe does not really look like it was made for the interior even though it can be painted black. Any performance advantages or disadvantages on these two types of installs?

hey folks;

I posted pic's of corner install in 04....check out thread (venting options, revisited)....hope this helps....

Thanks, my main concern is having too many bends, it does seem like it should be fine and I will probably do it anyway. I did see the venting option revisited pics but you go straight out the back (on the outside), I would do that except that would make it come out about 18 inches over the water spigot. This will be a 45 out the back, then 90 out and up, then 90 to termination. This is really my only good option.

I am really excited to see how this stove works especially after reading this forum.

Just an FYI, I just picked up the vent kit pictured for $198 at Lowes, when I priced the individual pieces, it was well over $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.