Venting Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eddie Haskell

Oct 8, 2017
Kimberly, WI
My wife and I just bought a used St Croix Prescott and it came with the galvanized double walled pipe to run it up 6' or so and then out the wall.
We plan on installing in the living room, the corner we plan on putting it in isn't conducive to using the pipe in that configuration.
If I run it straight out of the house, which would be better; leave the "T" on the stove, then to a 90, then out, or from the stove, don't use a "T" but instead go straight out of the back of the stove and then to the outside?
Thanks

If you run straight out from the stove, you shouldn't need a T at the stove. Can you go straight from the stove to outside, then the T, then up?. You don't absolutely need to go up, just if there is a power outage while the stove is running, a vertical stretch will help it vent better and lessen the chance of smoke backing into the house.

Reactions: vinny11950