Venting Tips for a Summer's Heat 1500 sq Foot Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Paul

Feb 22, 2013
So my next question is:

What is the most low profile way I can vent this stove? The best spot in my house seems to be the front corner of my den. This would involve putting the vent pipe out the front wall of my house. I was wondering if the stove pipe has to go up vertically a certain amount once it's outside? Or can I just run it out straight to make it less visible? Any ideas?

You can run it straight out, many do. That's how mine is, and it works fine. Some stove makers want a 3 foot rise to maintain the draft in case of power loss. Follow the manufacturer's requirements.
When I lose power, I do get a bit of smoke in the house, but the tight stove and the OAK minimize it. On the plus side, the venting is super easy to clean - takes about 5 minutes, and that includes going to the shed to get the brush!

Does the front of your house face the prevailing wind direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.