Ventless gas logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmlove67

Mar 7, 2016
Virginia
I have a prefabricated fireplace, Superior Fireplace Model# CF3860. It's old and was installed when my house was built in the 80s. They are out of business and I can't find the manual online anywhere for this model. I want to run a gas line and install ventless gas logs. Anyone know if I can put ventless gas logs in this model? Everywhere I read either says to confirm it with the manual (can't find), or that it's ok to install them in a prefabricated unit.

Remove the refractory panels INSIDE the firebox.
If there is a perforated punch out on in the sheet metal on either side,
BEHIND where the refractories were, then I'd say you're good to go with the VF gas log set.
I believe you will STILL have to put a clip on the plate damper in the chimney stack, tho,
to completely satisfy the install requirements...

Status
Not open for further replies.