Vermont castings dauntless epa stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TomRami

Feb 26, 2022
Ma.
Im new to having a wood stove. I purchased a vermot castings dauntless

16458933966034671485920532466301.jpg

Welcome and congratulations. How is is working for you?

I think its great stove. Ive seen a couple negative threads and wanted to post a happy review. Im not new to making a fire as a lifelong camper, i find the stove easy to operate. Im on my 10th burn. I seem to have found my sweet spot keeping the stove between 400°-500° heating my 800sqft first floor nicely and my whole 1200sqft house. If i load it up at 10pm i have no problem reigniting the coals at 6am. Did the install myself to save some cash my chimney is about 19' and i haven't had any issues with the downdraft. Overall im very happy with this stove. Its the only part of my remodel at 100% wich makes me like it even more

Last edited: