Vermont Castings Encore 2550 - Upper Fireback Removal Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldAGE

Hearth Supporter
Jan 14, 2008
South Central WI
Yeah, it's me again.... Still fighting my over fire issue. I have re-cemented the inner corners where the sides meet the back and front, now I think I have to get further into where the back meets the sides in the upper reaches. I can't figure out how to remove the upper fireback from the stove. I see that there are two external bolts that run forward from the upper back of the stove. Are those two bolts holding the upper fireback in place? If so, are those the only two bolts holding everything in place?

Thanks for everyone's assistance thus far. I am now about $300 in to this (and a dozen hours of my time) and all my dealer wants to do is sell me a new stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.