Q&A Vermont Castings Hearthmount Pinnacle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Can anybody out there tell me a little about Vermont Casting's Hearthmount Pinnacle gas stove? I am looking to buy a vent-free model, but I cannot find any critiques out there (yes, I did check this site as well, and found nothing on the Pinnacle).

I live in a 70 year old home. It has very open rooms, and large windows in each room. We're having a pretty cold winter here, and our central unit just can't keep up the warmth. My primary reason for wanting this stove is to help the central unit, and as a backup source of heat. I love the looks of this particular until it fits right in with the style of the home.

Answer:

These are nice stoves....I've used then, as well as friends of mine. However, being vent-free they are subject to all the problems and restrictions of the breed. That means you should not use it for more than a few hours a day. The same stove is available in a vented model if you wish to use it more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.