Vermont castings Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Devo1973

Oct 23, 2016
Northeast Indiana
I am in the process of rebuilding a Vermont Castings Defiant Encore 0028 and need to purchase a Fire back kit. Most companies I have researched sell the kit for $500-550, but I found a company that is advertising it for $307.95. Has anyone purchased Vermont Casting parts from this company? I can't see how they can sell parts that much cheaper. Any feed back would be great.This is the link:

https://www.plumbersstock.com/vermo...intid=428848&gclid=CObqg76t8s8CFQoPaQodwEoI6Q

In what year was that stove built? Most VC stove built after 1993 are pieces of junk and not worth rebuilding.

First: if it's an 0028 it's pre-1991. Second: what exactly happened in 1993? Finally: Dude, really?

Never heard of the Plumbing place, but that is likely the wholesale price for the 5925, and I'd jump on it. It may well come through incomplete, but that's been happening a lot lately, as Hearth and Home Technologies figures out what they've gotten themselves into taking over V.C. so no matter where you buy it that may happen. Good luck Devo!

DEVO,
I am about to purchase the same kit from the same plumbing site. Did you go through with this purchase and what was the result?
Did you get the kit installed yourself?
Thanks

1993 was an ownership change and the quality went way down.

Dang! I shopped my brains out three weeks ago and the lowest price I could find for that kit was $463 delivered. Plumbers Stock has an "almost too good to be true" price.

I purchased from plumbers stock and received the kit. It is all legit. The entire kit cost under 400.

I purchased from plumbers stock and received the kit. It is all legit. The entire kit cost under 400.
Good price for sure
I rebuilt my 0028 about 2 years ago and did complete kit as well. You might want to locate some spare stove screws just in case some are bad