1. triath2

triath2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Potsdam, NY
    Hi all!

We have a10-12 year old VC Radiance DV2600 propane direct vent gas stove. Pilot lights fine; and until recently all worked well using the optionally equipped unit with 'on-off-thermostat' switch on back of stove that also has the rheostat for fan speed. A few days ago, stove failed to light when switch was set in the thermostat position; but would light and work in the 'on' position. Now, the stove will not light in either thermostat or on position; but the pilot remains lit normally. I have tried 'shorting' the two leads at the thermostat end - with no response. Ideas?

2. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Do you have a multimeter? Check the thermopile readings by putting the meter's contacts on the TH-TP & TP terminals.
    You should be getting 550+ millivolts with the burner off.
    When your turn the burner on the millivolts should drop to around 200 or so.
    Did you try jumping the TH-TP & the TH terminals with a wire to see if it will ignite?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fsappo

Fsappo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 9, 2008
    Loc:
    Central NY
    On that exact model, back in the day, we had some bad toggle switches. I think I jumped at the switch to diagnose that as the issue (after doing what Daksy suggested and jumping the terminals on the valve to make sure it wasn't a valve issue) If I am recalling properly, I ended up buying a handful of switches from VC to keep in the truck.

4. Heatsource

Heatsource
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CA
    if Bob's advice doesn't work,
    did someone turn the on/off pilot knob to pilot?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fsappo

Fsappo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 9, 2008
    Loc:
    Central NY
    Oh yeah, always look at the simplest things first, Dave. I forgot that step!

6. Heatsource

Heatsource
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CA
    Yes, I always start with the simple questions! (and try not to offend people with the " is it plugged in" type questions)