Vigilant problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Marine

Apr 14, 2014
Tonawanda NY
Haven't been able to use stove for two years because of health problems. This winter was very nasty - very windy. Now I opened the front door of the stove and there was few inches of water in there. Must have come down the chimney.. We mopped it up but there is evidence of leakage on the sides at bottom. Does this have to be resealed or just cleaned up and used as is?

i have the big brother to that stove. the defiant. if that is anything like mine and it leaked from the bottom you have a problem. the bottom my be rotted out. if it is leaking from one of the seems at the corners it will have to be rebuild. as far as the water goes it might be time for a chimney cap. where is the water coming from and or can you take a picture of the leak and post it?

Status
Not open for further replies.