Vogelzang 5790

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevcolorado

Jan 24, 2021
Austin Colorado
When it works it's great. But I woke to an e2 error. Completely cleaned the burn pot area, vacuum out the hot air chamber and checked my vacuum line for blockage but still the stove goes immediately to the e2 error.

Hot air chamber? What is that? Sounds to me like it's leaf blower time. Your exhaust venting is full of fly ash.

Reactions: Ssyko
Sorry, I misspoke. When it woke me up the error was E4. Now it flashes e2 without doing anything. The hot air chamber is what the last stove guy (he retired) who repaired the stove called the chamber right behind the burn pot.

stove is plugged up . get the manual out and go to pg 13-14 and follow the instructions.. or Like Sidecar said leaf blower trick with the door open

When you clean the stove, swing out the side panels and unbolt the ash trap covers and clean them out. Remove the 6 screws from the exhaust fan and clean out that area. While you’re at it, remove the thermodisc above the blower and clean off any buildup. I like to use a long thin flexible dryer lint brush to get into the stove passages. And of course clean the pipe.

In the firebox there is a little hole for the vacuum switch tube. Make sure there is nothing plugging that.