Waiting for my Harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PDawg

Sep 30, 2008
Central NH
I ordered a Harman XXV on June 13th with a mid August delivery date. I was called mid August with a new date of early December. Called the dealer last week and they told me that Harman stove orders were keeping up with the revised delivery schedule. I was wondering if that is the case with other dealers as well. I know that most Harman orders have been pushed back but are they really keeping up their revised schedule ?
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this.

Ordered my Harman in June and was given a delivery date of November. Have spoken with him several times since, and all of his scheduled deliveries from Harman have been on time, the last one being a week before I spoke with him. As a special note, there are customers cancelling their orders as well, so possibly those hanging on and waiting may get theirs sooner than expected. Good luck with yours, I'll be sure to post when mine comes in.

I ordered a P68 in June, and at the time was given a delivery date of July or August. I was later given a delivery date of March 2009. I stopped in about a week ago to see if the date was still that, as I had anticipated people had cancelled their orders. Well, I was told that stoves are being distributed by Harman according to how many stoves have been sold by the dealer in the past. With my dealer's previous sales numbers, they are not looking at any new stoves until January. The only stoves they are being offered are other dealer's cancellations or overstocks. That was my understanding of the conversation I had. So it appears it all depends on how many Harmans your dealer has sold in the past. I'm beginning to wonder how much Harman has actually revved up production, or are they just taking this opportunity to get rid of every last bit of inventory before they start releasing some of the more popular models. (I'm getting crankier as it gets colder).

I would look for another model or a stove in stock or you might get cold.

Eric

newf lover said:
I ordered a P68 in June, and at the time was given a delivery date of July or August. I was later given a delivery date of March 2009. I stopped in about a week ago to see if the date was still that, as I had anticipated people had cancelled their orders. Well, I was told that stoves are being distributed by Harman according to how many stoves have been sold by the dealer in the past. With my dealer's previous sales numbers, they are not looking at any new stoves until January. The only stoves they are being offered are other dealer's cancellations or overstocks. That was my understanding of the conversation I had. So it appears it all depends on how many Harmans your dealer has sold in the past. I'm beginning to wonder how much Harman has actually revved up production, or are they just taking this opportunity to get rid of every last bit of inventory before they start releasing some of the more popular models. (I'm getting crankier as it gets colder).

If that is the case Harman is very stupid!

You would think they would of gone to a first in first out with presold stoves(regardless of dealer). That way someone who put down a deposit in June would recieve their stove before someone at another dealer who put a deposit down in July.

I have to follow up on my order and see where I am at. I ordered on June 7 and was told end of August but then was pushed back to a Dec/Jan time frame after Harman fessed up. I am hoping it arrives in early Dec.

Here is a somewhat recent article on Harman's situation:

http://www.centralpennbusiness.com/article.asp?aID=67304

A sales rep says the following:

Charlie Page, a sales representative for Harman Stove in New York and New England, said he expects sales to be strong for at least the next 18 months.

"It's actually been a phenomenal year," said Page, who is based in Vermont. "In fact, as a result of huge demand for the product, we're now stretching out into the fall and even into 2009 with orders."

Been reading the board for months now... I'm addicted to it!! Finally signing on for the first time...

Anyway, Ordered my XXV June 6th with a August 29th delivery. In the middle of August, this was revised to September 28th ship date. Got the word from my dealer on September 29th that Harman is 3 days behind on their revised schedule for my stove and it will be shipping October 1st (today!!!). They'll be calling me early next week to set up the install. It's been a long summer for me, but the wait is paing off. Hang in there!!!

Ordered my (soon to be Mine hopefully) Accentra Insert June 12th. Didnt get a date straight away, but given end September at the end of June. By Mid July it became Middle October. It has stayed at that Up till Today ,when we last checked. Still expecting withing two weeks. Fingers Crossed.
Good Luck All

Got another shipment in last week. This is the second we have gotten so far. Everything seems to be going as planned?!?!

Ordered my XXV 5/31 Dealer called me 10/2 to tell me that it is in. Ireally did not think I was going to get it before winter. Spoke with a Harman rep and he told me to hang in that I should get it. Did not want any other stove.

TurboZ said:
newf lover said:

If that is the case Harman is very stupid!

You would think they would of gone to a first in first out with presold stoves(regardless of dealer). That way someone who put down a deposit in June would recieve their stove before someone at another dealer who put a deposit down in July.

I have to follow up on my order and see where I am at. I ordered on June 7 and was told end of August but then was pushed back to a Dec/Jan time frame after Harman fessed up. I am hoping it arrives in early Dec.

Harman only builds the stoves. The individual dealer orders and sells to the end customer. If the dealer promises something that he assumes will be possible is it truly Harman's fault?? I preorder and stock in house in the early spring to avoid these issues. I would recommend holding out for the stove you want since it will be an investment in your home for many years to come.

The wait is finally over for me. I ordered a Harman Accentra insert in Early June. It was estimated to be delivered in early November. I got the call today that the unit is in! It will be installed next week! The unit was not one of a cancellation. This was the unit I ordered in a specific color. If you have a Harman on order hold tight and you might be surprised to find it in sooner then later!

That's great, just in time for the cold weather! I have heard of some Harman products coming in. I would be curious to know if anyone has received a P68 or P61 recently. (not a 2006 leftover) The dealer mentioned those are the models that are very scarce. I would be cautiously optimistic if someone somewhere actually got that model in. Maybe I missed it on this forum, but I don't think I've seen a post where a new P68 or P61 has been delivered. Anybody??

P Dawg,
PM me I ordered mine in June as well and have some info,I also need to know,please,which Agway you got your pellets from.
Thanks

Just got an update to my Accentra Insert order from Jun 12th. Have been told since Late July that Middle October was my Time. Called today and told that it would be Early November. BUT they were waiting to hear from a customer who also ordered one, and there's was in. If they dont here back from them by Tuesday of next week , Its mine. I hate to be selfish and Understand I'm next on the list, but I really hope they dont want it now.

Decided I wanted to change from a wood stove to a pellet stove. Went to local dealer on Thursday Oct. 16th, purchased a P68, they loaded on my truck right then and there. I am now sitting here enjoying the warmth.

At the topsfield Fair last week the booth for the local Harman dealer seemed to be VERY busy taking names and orders. These things have some real interest out there, which makes the pellet situation that much more scary.

I picked up my XXV last weekend and hooked it up.Still waiting on pellets.
The delaer I bought mine from has a couple Harman P61 (I think that was the number) If you want one in NH PM me and I wll give you his name.

I orderd my p68 in May. Original delivery date was June 30th - moved to October 26th. That very day the installer called, and, as I write, my stove is pumping out 75 degree air! I'd say chances are good that you'll get yours on time. Good luck

harman makes me sick. i ordered a wood boiler from a dealer that moves a lot of product. seems like everytime i called, i got a different delivery date. the last one they gave me was dec 30 2008. and i should believe it will be delivered on that date? cancelled that order, and got my deposit back. my new yorker wood boiler is sitting in my garage. my quadrafire pellet stove is running like a champ too. no harman products for me. unless of course its tied to the back of my truck and i am dragging it around just for fun.

futureboiler said:
no harman products for me. unless of course its tied to the back of my truck and i am dragging it around just for fun.

Now THATS funny right there !!!

Ordered a Harman p68 Jun 24th, dealer says it may arrive in March or April 2009. It getting very cold here in Halifax Nova Scotia.
Harman customer service provides no info wrt them catching up with back orders etc. Is anyone receiving their Harman P68

We ordered our P68 June 16, When we ordered it they gave us a delivery date of Oct 27.
It did take them until late July to actually get confirmation from Harmon that they would get the allocation.

Stove was delivered on Oct 27. I did look and saw an Oct 2008 production date stamped on the stove.

That being said - it ran great for about 5 hours then the feed motor stopped. Can't get it to feed at all. Have a call into the dealer - waiting for a call back. We also noticed that a bit of the insulation around the window was sticking out a little- no big deal just used a razor to trim. Also the base is not perfectly level - put the stove on a level surface and it will rock back an forth almost 1/4". I checked it with a straight edge and it is bowed.

Am a little concerned that they are pushing hard to get these things out and quality may be suffering.

nPS The dealer also delivered 1 ton pellets $295.00 delivered. I originally had 4 on order but with pellets at $295/ton and oil about @ 2.70 gal and coming down I will be using mostly oil for now. So I cancelled the other 3

I think you might be right about the quality issue. That's one reason why I stayed away from them at this point in time. They "used to be" a great stove. They are going to have to prove it to me once again. If people are having such a hard time getting them I think getting parts will be even worse. They're going to putting all the parts into making new stoves and not servicing old ones. I've been watching this site for a while now and for such a great stove, it sure seems to have a lot of posts with people having trouble with them. I hope harman regains their name. Good luck with yours.

I agree, lots of Harmon problem posts. $300 a ton pellets = $2.62 a gallon oil, getting close to that around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.