Wall Mounted Blower Rheostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jesse72

Jul 17, 2023
Sparks, NV
Hello,

My stove is a Hearthstone Mansfield 8012 with the factory blower that has a rheostat built into the cord. If possible I would like to be able to adjust the fan speed from the wall switch instead of reaching behind the stove to access the factory rheostat.

I have an outlet behind the stove that has a switched outlet and a consistently hot outlet. Can I use another rheostat on the wall and simply leave the one on the fan in the high position? Would a light dimmer switch work for this (probably not)

I found this product and it seems like it would work but I am not sure if having 2 rheostats will work?
https://fireplaceblowersonline.com/...oller-cover-plate/?revpage=2 #product-reviews

Thanks!

Something like this may work if the cord control is in the max (high) position.

Thank you, I think Ill order it and wire it up and test it before I actually install the stove.

If access is good and you are electrically safe and savvy, it might be worth rigging up a test cord that eliminates the stock cord switch. I'm uncertain if the stove blower speed control passes clean AC when in the Max position.

Thanks, I think I could do that. I was contemplating removing the factory switch from the blower cord altogether so that a wall rheostat would work

Reactions: Ovationcs257