Wall switch fails to do anything on Heat n Glo fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dicat

Sep 20, 2023
Winnipeg
Hi, we moved into a new home a few months ago that came with a Heat n Glo fireplace, model SL-32GDV.

The fireplace runs fine manually however the wall switch fails to control the fireplace, nothing happens when I hit the switch.

The thermopile measures around 370 millivolts and the pilot light looks great.

I am not sure that I have the proper wall switch for the unit. I have attached a pic of the switch . Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

EB19FB36-D1E0-48B5-82C2-012F6AD5E5C8.jpeg 53CBEAC0-90A8-4537-AB29-E44557354D1A.jpeg 35FCB3DE-66FE-4583-A76A-04A0DB896097.jpeg

Hi, we moved into a new home a few months ago that came with a Heat n Glo fireplace, model SL-32GDV.

The fireplace runs fine manually however the wall switch fails to control the fireplace, nothing happens when I hit the switch.

The thermopile measures around 370 millivolts and the pilot light looks great.

I am not sure that I have the proper wall switch for the unit. I have attached a pic of the switch . Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 315606 View attachment 315607 View attachment 315608
Have you tried removing the wires from the switch and touching them together?

could it be a switch for a blower fan that comes on once the heat is up to temp? That may take several minutes.