Wall switch will not light the heat and glow after 10 seconds of being off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xpert66

May 2, 2023
Central New Jersey
Hi new member here. Looks like a great resource. I have the
Heat n Glo model SL-750TR-IPI-E fireplace and having an issue with it. I have a wall switch that controls the fireplace and do not use the remote. Currently there's no batteries in the remote but I need to toggle the remote module off then back on and the wall switch will work. I can turn off the fireplace and turn it back on several times and it works fine. Once I turn it off and wait 10 seconds or more the switch will not light the fireplace. If I leave the switch on and toggle the remote module off then back on, it lights. Again the wall switch will work but only within 10 seconds. After 10 seconds it will not relight again unless I retoggle the remote switch module off then to the on position. I replaced the Dexen wiring module and also the wall switch but the problem still exists. My next step is to replace the remote module but not sure that would work. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Could the issue be with the wall switch itself?

That unit has IPI control and can't be used with a wall switch on the 120v circuit. It is to be cycled with the remote as the ignition unit will lock out after a power interruption.

Reactions: Lennox65
That unit has IPI control and can't be used with a wall switch on the 120v circuit. It is to be cycled with the remote as the ignition unit will lock out after a power interruption.
Yes thank you. I kind of figured it out that that's the way it needs to be done. Using the remote works fine. Thank you