Want to post Pics of Pex Insulation Process but..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
I read the sticky about inserting pics here. I'd like to post how we did the foam insulation process but it appears I need to resize, etc. Is there an easy way to post images of about 1M size each. The attachment method seems limited to 700k so if I need to shrink the images, I'll have to pass if this is too time consuming.

Open the original picture in Microsoft Paint (under accessories) then "save as" a jpeg file under a new name. Should get it down in size considerably from the original. I am on a satellite link so 1M pictures are not my favorite. Of course living in a rural are is nice ;-)

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements. Save for Web. You can specify the pixel size, and if you use 1000 for the longest dimension, size is perfect for posting.

Tennman said:
I read the sticky about inserting pics here. I'd like to post how we did the foam insulation process but it appears I need to resize, etc. Is there an easy way to post images of about 1M size each. The attachment method seems limited to 700k so if I need to shrink the images, I'll have to pass if this is too time consuming.

You don't need to post them here. Just upload your pics to picassa. Image size is not a problem, since you won't be cluttering hearth.com's server with your images. Then make your album public and post a link here to that album. Picassa is a great free tool to share pics. You can check out my albums from the link in my sig.

Just a thought!

Ok. I'm back in town. Will give it a shot shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.