Wanting to get a Woodstove Insert for the fireplace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WolfpackBurner

Nov 5, 2021
Westfield NC
Hello everyone I am looking to get a woodstove insert for my masonry fireplace. I've been burning for ambiance but really want to use the fireplace for a heat source. My house is very open and is a log cabin. Right now my only heat source is gas and wood is plentiful. My fireplace is small measuring 28.5"W x 24"H x 17" D. Now I have found an insert with the dimensions of 28" W x 23"H x 15"D. Would this insert be too tight? I just want to make sure I go about everything correctly. Thanks for the help

It will be very tight. When measuring the fireplace be sure to pay attention to the rear of the fireplace dimensions as well. Most taper smaller toward the rear. Check rear fit as well.

Are you looking at used or new inserts? Have you included a liner for the chimney attached to the insert?

I would get an appliance adapter that can be fastened to your liner then pulled down and secured from the inside of your insert.

Reactions: EbS-P