wanting to purchase a Garn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hedge wood

Feeling the Heat
Mar 1, 2009
Eastern NE
New member here. I have been lurking on the site for a while and you folks have talked me in to thinking I need to purchase a garn boiler. There are no dealers in NE so I called the factory and they gave me a number for a dealer in Minn so I got a price from him. My question is any dealers on this form want to price one to me since I am going to go to the factory to pickup the boiler I would like to know if this dealer is giving me a fair price or not.

Thanks for replies. Sorry about the state problem. I live in eastern Nebraska. We don't have near the winter you folks have back east and up north. But as I write this my furnaces are burning $2.10 a gallon propane. It is zero here this am suppose to be 45 later in the week .

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Hedgewood. Glad to hear you are thinking of a GARN. Which model? Have you done a heat loss calc yet?

Keep us posted on your adventure. That is a long trip to go to MN to get your GARN. I respect that! It's worth it!

Eastern Nebraska wouldn't be too far. Roads are pretty straight and to the point out here (no pesky mountains to contend with). Depending on if you are north or south I'd guess 6 to 7 hours to their plant. I talked to the dealer up there and he gave me a name of a guy just southwest of Des Moines that has one up and running that I could have looked at but couldn't find the time. You may want to ask for his name from the dealer.

SE Iowa
Thanks for the information.I will call the dealer back I talked to in Minn to see if he has the name and number of the person southwest of Des Moines probably same dealer you talked to. I would like to see one in person before I commit to this much money.
I know the product is a good one,but I guess I am from the old school and still like to touch and look at a product in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.