Wards Rural Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inphoenix

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I'm trying to find out any information on a wood stove we just acquired. The tag the seller gave me, not attached to stove, is Wards Rural model no 35AJ1524A. I don't think the stand is the original, it seems to be a different material, not cast iron. The stack opening is about 8" oval and we need to get an insulated stove pipe for it. The two main doors are white enamel and the rest is really rusty. I have no idea of the year of mfg. or the worth of this neat little stove. I will get a pic later as it is currently at our neighbors as he is sandblasting it to get the rust off and will paint it with (I'm guessing as I suggested) BBQ paint. Thank you for any response. We plan to use it outside on the patio but want to put a stove pipe/vent to keep the smoke from people sitting on the patio.

Welcome. Can you post a picture or two?

Make sure that the core body of the stove is still very solid and not rusting through anywhere. You should be able to poke it hard all over with a screwdriver and not poke through the metal. If you can, scrap it.

Welcome. Can you post a picture or two?

Make sure that the core body of the stove is still very solid and not rusting through anywhere. You should be able to poke it hard all over with a screwdriver and not poke through the metal. If you can, scrap it.

just got to neighbors to take pics: hope this works...

Attachments

• 20140114_124045.jpg
    20140114_124045.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 20140114_124238.jpg
    20140114_124238.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 20140114_124249.jpg
    20140114_124249.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 404
Looks like a pretty nice little camp cook stove. Will it be under cover to protect it from the rain?

Often see these or simliar ones for sale around here. They commonly refer to them as sheepherder stoves as they were popular to install in the herder wagons.

Status
Not open for further replies.