Warmth appreciation thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MainePatsFan

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2007
Southern Maine
It is currently 3 degrees outside and I just wanted to say how thankful I am for wood heat and my old winter companion, the Englander NC-13 as my thermostat is reading 72 right now while it is glowing with burning Red Oak. I realize that my friends in Caribou are dealing with -23 F right now. I was up there last summer. Man, what beautiful country and delicious potatoes. I hope all of you can heat with wood as well.

I'm just across the border from Caribou, in NB, Canada. It is COLD. But the extreme cold is supposed to break today. It was 66* on the thermostat this morning, heating by electric backup on the heat pump. Cannot wait to get some wood heat going.

Reactions: firefighterjake