Water beads on Harper door glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
I have a Harman xxv pellet stove,and this morning my wife told me that there were water beads on the glass door for the Harper. The beads seemed to be along the hinge side of the glass.I topped the pellets off before I went to bed,and it was a very cold night.I have never seen this before,and I'm wondering if the gasket is warn. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!!!

I have a Harman xxv pellet stove,and this morning my wife told me that there were water beads on the glass door for the Harper. The beads seemed to be along the hinge side of the glass.I topped the pellets off before I went to bed,and it was a very cold night.I have never seen this before,and I'm wondering if the gasket is warn. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!!!

Sounds to be the fire box just got really cold due to cold air from the OAK. Cold glass caused condensation. I take it the condensation was on the room side of the glass?

Sounds to be the fire box just got really cold due to cold air from the OAK. Cold glass caused condensation. I take it the condensation was on the room side of the glass?
This morning it was on the outside. This afternoon I noticed ithat was on the underside of the Harper door. I have no oak, and never seen it in 7yrs. Thanks for reply.

This morning it was on the outside. This afternoon I noticed ithat was on the underside of the Harper door. I have no oak, and never seen it in 7yrs. Thanks for reply.

Was the stove in use when you noticed this? The exhaust vest also is a conduit for cold air to enter the burn chamber as well. With no OAK connected the cold air will fall through the stove and out the air intake. With the stove off can you feel cold air coming out the air intake on the stove?

The pellets were cold and the house was humid enough. The air in the hopper condensed into water droplets after the pellets cooled it down just like a glass of ice water condenses the water in the air.
Ron