Water in the basement. Lit off the 30.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one honkin dehumidifier. ;-)

EatenByLimestone said:
Should dry out 700 feet of basement.

Matt

Matt it's been raining all day here(flood watch), how much rain did you get and how bad is the basement?

zap

I was up at Schroon Lake all day. It was raining hard coming from the North up there. I think it's been raining all day down here in Schenectady too. I couldn't tell you how much it's rained other than a friend had to pump his boat out around 5 times today to keep the water from going over the floor boards.

Not much water, just a tad so far. The grading isn't bad around the house, but I could use gutters in the back.

Matt

Come on, we know you purposely spilled some water so you could have an excuse to lite off your stove. :lol:

EatenByLimestone said:
I was up at Schroon Lake all day. It was raining hard coming from the North up there. I think it's been raining all day down here in Schenectady too. I couldn't tell you how much it's rained other than a friend had to pump his boat out around 5 times today to keep the water from going over the floor boards.

Not much water, just a tad so far. The grading isn't bad around the house, but I could use gutters in the back.

Matt

* AT 655 PM EDT DOPPLER RADAR HAS ESTIMATED THAT 3.0 TO 3.5 INCHES OF RAIN HAD FALLEN OVER PARTS OF THE MOHAWK VALLEY REGION. HEAVY RAIN WILL CONTINUE FALLING THROUGH THIS EVENING WITH ANOTHER INCH POSSIBLE. LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED SEVERAL AREAS OF FLOODED ROADS AND BASEMENTS IN THE AREA. ADDITIONAL FLOODING IS LIKELY... AND EXISTING FLOODING COULD BECOME WORSE WITH EXCESS RAINFALL. THE MOHAWK RIVER... AND DELTA LAKE ARE EXPECTED TO RISE AND MAY REACH FLOOD STAGE LATER MONDAY OR TUESDAY.

We went to Boonville yesterday so I thought I would check the weather report for today.

zap

I went down to check on the stove and it hasn't gone up to temp like I expected. Then I realized it's almost 70 outside. It should take a tad longer.

I just looked at accuweather and we have a flood watch here too.

I'm glad I threw out some grass seed when I got home. I won't have to water it for most of the early germination.

Matt

I had some killed from the heat, but I also put down a broadleaf weed killer to try to take out some of the creeping charlie that was doing way too well. I think we're past the worst of the heat so I put in a few trees, shrubs and such in this last week.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.